Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Insane in the Brain

I have an appointment with a neurologist this morning to investigate the reason for my prominent headaches. Like so many ill people, my sickness will manifest itself in numerous ways, including hideous digestive issues that accompany anxiety, headaches, shaking hands and feet and muscle tension. I've been to more doctors than most old people.

Anyway, did you know that bipolar people's brains actually look different than normal brains?

Check out this site for the basics of neuroimaging and the changes in the brain that occur with bipolar disorder. This site has actual images of the changes that occur in the brain during mania and depression.

The best site I've been able to find so far has a great example of the changes that occur in bipolar disorder.


|