Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Seductive Somnolence

I'm sitting next to my light box trying to figure out why I've been so exhausted lately. Last night, I slept for 11 hours. This morning, I woke up and felt like I had only slept for 5. My eyelids felt heavy, my thoughts sluggish.

In fact, I feel like a sloth hanging lazily from the branch of my favorite tree, constantly eating and contributing to my expanding girth. I feel uninspired and overwhelmed by even the simplest tasks. My limbs feel heavy, like each cell weighs ten pounds.

And in my stupor, I'm annoyed. And upset. I've been in one of those moods for about a week. I want to shake some sense into myself. But I'm stuck and quite cranky about it.

Ugh. I'm angry and cranky and I feel like sitting down and having a tantrum any self-respecting two year old would be jealous of. (I can't believe I just ended a sentence with of! twice!)

I desperately need to get myself heading in a different direction. This one isn't working for me.

I wish I knew how to change this crappy mood. :(


|