Sunday, January 08, 2006

2006 is lookin might fine from here

My life has 0 to 60mph so fast I swear that I have whiplash. A month ago, I was hanging around in South Bend, trying desperately to find the comedy in the fact that my car doors were iced shut and thus, I was left tugging fruitlessly on them in a feeble attempt to crack open my own car like a can of peaches. Today, I'm kicking back in Maui on my honeymoon, watching Brendan sleep off his exhaustion brought on by yesterday's excursion into the Haleakala crator (which technically isn't a crator, but for all practical purposes, it looks like one, so yeah). In the past two weeks, I've gotten married thereby schmoozing with nearly all of my family and friends, celebrated one of the most memorable New Years of my life with a fabulous group of buddies--we climbed up a tiny mountain, more like a big hill really, and watched the fireworks explode over all of the Phoenix valley cities--and, as if that wasn't grand enough, I'm hanging out in paradise with the one guy I love more than anyone else in the entire world.

How cool is that?

Life can't always be this exciting, of course, but it's a welcome shift from my previous plodding and I'm hoping that I'll be able to retain some of my momentum when I plunge back into the icy depths of winter in South Bend. For now, I suppose I'll just stick my toes in the golden sand and enjoy how warm the sun is and how cute all the little kids are running away from the waves when they crash on the shore. Awww.


|