Monday, February 14, 2005

what goes up...keeps going up!

I'm SO happy today. Although I'm not fond of South Bend, for the first time since I got here, I finally feel like I can survive two and half years of this. For quite some time, I was secretly thinking of turning tail and running back home to Phoenix, but alas, my location has ceased to dominate my existence.

Instead, my moods have reasserted their prominence. I am happyhappyhappy. I think I spent more money this weekend than I can make in an entire month. (Worry not, my darlings, Brendan has cut me off).

The world fascinates me today because while it is ugly, grey, raining and cold, beneath the surface lies the budding potential of a jovial spring. Life is like that too. Sometimes when everything seems awful, a little bit of effort and a lot of faith are enough to germinate a renewed, brighter outlook.

As if you can't tell, my thoughts are rigid and choppy. They're slimey and I feel like I'm trying to pick up a vigorous fish and the little bastard keeps slipping out of my hands.

But I'm still happy, tenuous though my current state may be.


|