Thursday, January 13, 2005

The Movers are FINALLY here!!!

So, I just got a call from my movers and my days of sleeping on the floor may be over! Huzzah!

In other news, the Yale DailyNews is reporting that psychiatrists are finding more of a biological overlap between bipolar and schizophrenia. Personally, it would not surprise me in the least if these illnesses were like inbred cousins. The symptoms are frankly astonishingly similar.

As researchers show how the two diseases are very much alike, I'm waiting with baited breath to see what kind of biological differences, if any, these eggheads might find.

On an unrelated note, one of my fabulous readers asked me to describe what auditory hallucinations are like. I can't say that what I experience is what everyone experiences, but sometimes, I'll hear muffled radio commentators. It's almost like there's a CD player on under some clothes, or a television on in the room next door. When I lived alone, I would get up and look for wherever the sound was coming from. Occasionally, I also hear people whispering or calling my name. That's the annoying one because if I'm walking around and someone really is calling my name, I'll sometimes ignore them because I think it's all in my head.

Other people get mood/perception delusions, like being totally paranoid that even though your hubby loves you, he's actually cheating on you with his secretary. When I'm high as a kite, I sometimes feel like I am so damn hot that everybody in the world wants to have sex with me. Or I feel like I could probably learn French in two weeks because I'm just an undiscovered genius. :)

I suppose right now, my big challenge is with employment and opportunity. I can't believe that I'm going to be working as a secretary for $9/hr when I have a master's degree. Something about that is just brutal. But oh well. I'll keep my eyes open for the golden opportunity—like a job petting kitten's that pays $50,000/year with snazzy benefits. :)

Hey, a girl can dream.


|