Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Introspective Distortion

Shall we dance?

One of my listservs has instituted a daily mood check. I don't always submit mine, but the practice has forced me to acknowledge how little I consciously think about my moods and managing their impact on my life. I tend to ride the wave and after I've swept up on the beach, I look out on the ocean and think, damn, that was one helluva wave.

Wouldn't it be nice to know that I'm riding the wave while I'm doing it? Brendan and I were talking today and I got to thinking that I'm actually in a horrible mood and I have been for quite some time. I can't blame myself. I've been gaining weight, living in a town that I despise and my only conversations are with my fish.

I had so much more to say when I started this post, but my thoughts died faster than an ant sizzling under a magnifying glass. Oh well.

Sigh.


|